Osgood (IN)

Osgood (IN)

Videos
  • The Bilby Towers were used to survey the lands across the United States from about 1926 through the 1970s. This particular tower was originally erected in Louisiana in 1972…[View More]

  • Osgood, Indiana is home to many historic bridges used by automobiles and trains. Some bridges have been lost over the years including a covered bridge.

  • Constructed in 1892 as a livery stable. In 1920 it was remodeled into a theater.

  • Osgood was established in 1856 as a rail line stop. The town was named after the railroad engineer “Mr. Osgood”.

  • Built in 1898 the King Steam Car was built by a local resident in Osgood. Today it resides in the Osgood History Museum.

  • The Osgood Carnegie Library was established in 1909 and the current building was constructed in 1914 with a grant from the Carnegie Foundation.

  • The Osgood Historical Museum houses many historic artifacts and items from the Osgood area including a rare steam powered automobile.

  • The Osgood Rock Quarries began operation in the early 1900s and continued to operate until the 1950s.

  • The Ripley County fair dates back to the 1850s and is still held each year. Originally the fair was held in Versailles and later it was moved to Osgood.

  • The Willson Dairy Farm was originally 1140 acres where milk was shipped as far away as Cincinnati.